We got asked the question, Does my business need a website? We are here to tell you that YES, you need a website!
Around half of all small businesses still don’t have a website. As a small business owner, you may feel your business cannot benefit from having a website, but even just having an online presence on the web can increase your visibility with your market.
Here are 6 reasons why you need a website!
1. Websites are open 24/7/365. A website will allow your business to be open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. A prospective client can find out about your products and services at any time of day, even when your office or store is closed. Even if you are not selling goods or services online, a webpage can easily direct readers to contact you.
2. A website will boost your credibility. More and more consumers are taking to the internet to find products and services. With a professional website, your customers will develop a greater sense of confidence in your business.
3. Your competitors have a website. Without a website, your potential clients will find your competitors who do have an online presence. If a competitor has a website, they have a clear advantage over you.
4. A website allows you to update your prospects in real time. Think of your website as a showcase or a catalog of your products and services. It’s a great way to get your content out there. This can come in the form of a blog, videos, photos, and more. Your content will help position you as an industry expert in your field.
5. A website opens door to a global market. Your website becomes an alternate location to sell or gain business. Both products and services can be marketed globally. Having a website increases your customer reach no matter what you offer.
6. A website gives you the ability to capture leads. Many companies ask their website visitors to sign up for an email newsletter. Those interested in your products or services will go the extra mile to sign up for your content, giving you fresh leads without much effort.